So one day, I saw Jamie Oliver cooking something amazing. He says it is his “Rainbow Wrap Salad” and it not only looks absolutely gorgeous but it has amazing flavors as well.
Now, he says that this dish is “magic” because this dish can be done with a variety of vegetables that are in season in your area.
In other words, you can pretty much tweak the ingredients list in order to match what is in great stock in your area as we speak.
So today, I am going to share with you his recipe for the Rainbow Wrap Salad but I am going to tweak it a little bit so that it can cater people who are on the hCG diet.
This recipe is safe to consume even on phase 2 of the hCG diet. So, without further ado, here are the ingredients that you will need in order to cook the hCG Diet Rainbow Wrap Salad:
- 2 Small Raw Beetroots (150 grams)
- 2 Carrots
- 150 grams White Cabbage
- 1 Pear
- 1/2 Bunch of Fresh Mint
- 1/2 Bunch of Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
- 6 small Wholemeal Tortilla Wraps
- 50 grams of Feta Cheese
For the Dressing:
- 5 Tbsps of Natural Yogurt
- 1/2 Teaspoon English Mustard
- 3 Tsps Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Wash the beetroots and carrots thoroughly under cold running water. To make sure that you remove all of the dirt, use a soft scrubber.
- Discard the ends of the beetroots.
- Next, grate the carrots but don’t make them too fine; coarsely grate them if you will
- Slice the cabbage finely and then put it in a bowl.
- Next, remove the stalk from the pear and grate it as well. Put in the bowl with the cabbage afterward.
- Lastly, grate the beetroot by holding on to the root end of it. Since beetroots can give a slight discoloration to your skin, you may want to use gloves for this.
- Get the Parsley and mint leaves and finely chop them and add it to the bowl.
- Next, get a good jam jar and add all of the dressing ingredients inside.
- Put on the lid and shake the jar until the dressing is well mixed.
- After shaking, have a taste and tweak the dressing. The dressing has to be a bit on the acidic side in order to balance the fruits and vegetables.
- Next, pour the dressing over the salad gradually. Do not drop all of them at once. If you see that the salad has been drenched, stop pouring it and start mixing the salad.
- Next, put some of the salad in a tortilla wrap and put some feta cheese over it.
- Roll them up nicely. Serve and Enjoy!
The hCG Diet Rainbow Wrap Salad contains only 170-200 calories depending on which fruits or vegetables you’re going to use. Treat this recipe as a “base” recipe in that you can tweak the fruits and vegetables used in this dish to whatever is in abundant supply in your area.
This dish not only looks good but it tastes great as well. This dish is a perfect one if you’re on the hCG diet.