MINOT, ND (KMOT) – The Ward County State’s Attorney’s Office is determining whether criminal charges will be filed amid the chaos that ensued at the North Dakota State Fairgrounds Friday night after the Cancellation of Kid Rock Performance, County Sheriff Says.
Sheriff Bob Roed says a 45-year-old man who jumped on stage has not yet been arrested or charged, but has received a trespassing letter and been banned from the fairgrounds for the remainder of the year.
The show was canceled around 10:30 p.m. Friday night after gusts of wind blew overhead video monitors and speaker blocks on either side of the stage back and forth, creating a security issue. State fair management released a statement the next day, saying it was a joint decision between the fair, local officials and Kid Rock to cancel.
Severe weather affected areas north of Minot Friday night, and a tornado warning expired at 9:45 p.m., although post-storm winds continued. Kid Rock’s opener, Night Ranger, was able to perform, and the rest of the fair continued operations as normal.
After Roed announced to the crowd that the show was cancelled, some of the approximately 18,000 fans who had been waiting for more than an hour for Kid Rock to start performing became unruly, throwing cups and beer bottles onto the stage. .
A security guard tackled a fan shortly after he jumped onstage, and Roed said a spectator set off a confetti machine.
Eventually the crowd calmed down and left the hall. No serious injuries were reported.
Your information officer has contacted Ward County State’s Attorney Roza Larson for comment, and is awaiting a response.
Copyright 2022 KFYR. All rights reserved.