Woman shot dead after opening fire inside Love Field airport in Dallas – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

What there is to know

  • Gunshots were reported inside Dallas’ Love Field airport just after 11 a.m.
  • A woman was transported from the scene by Dallas Fire-Rescue after police said she fired multiple bullets inside the airport.
  • Rockwall Police Chief Max Geron was in the TSA security line and told NBC 5 he heard multiple gunshots near a ticket window.

A woman pulled a gun inside Dallas’ Love Field airport late Monday morning and began shooting at the ceiling, Dallas police say. The woman was confronted and shot dead by officers. No other injuries were reported.

Dallas Police Chief Eddie Garcia said the woman, identified only as 37, was dropped off at the airport just before 11 a.m. and once inside went to the toilet and had changed clothes.

Garcia said the woman came out of the bathroom wearing a hoodie, pulled out a gun and started firing multiple shots. Most shots, Garcia said, appeared to be aimed at the ceiling.

Officers inside the airport confronted the woman and shot her in the lower limbs. The woman was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in an unknown condition. No other information about her or the motivation behind the shooting or who dropped her off at the airport is known.

Cellphone video shared with NBC 5 showed travelers on the ground, behind chairs at doorways and sheltering in place as the shooting unfolded.

The investigation is ongoing and Garcia said he expects things to change as more is learned about what happened. Agents from the Dallas FBI Field Office were seen at the airport with Dallas police. The FAA told NBC 5 the incident was a police matter.


Rockwall Police Chief Max Geron told NBC 5 in a Monday morning phone interview that he and his family were going through security when they heard gunshots.

Geron said a number of gunshots were heard near a baggage or ticket counter. He said he grabbed his children and TSA agents responded quickly by dragging the travelers to secure areas.

He said the TSA then learned that “the shooter was shot” and that they were evacuated from the airport and held in an outdoor location.


All flights to Dallas Love are currently being held at their departure location until 1:30 p.m.

Aircraft that have landed are held on the tarmac and do not proceed to the gates.

Travelers are encouraged to check their flight status before heading to the airport.

This story is developing. Come back and refresh the page as some items may change.

Leave a Comment